Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Video Episode 45 - Kool-aid Roses

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend! I have a new video for you. I went to a local Chinese resturant and I saw these beautiful roses made out of nylon. They were so pretty and I started thinking, I think I can make something similar... So I went to walmart and bought some white knee-highs and some kool-aid in differnt flavors. I then started to experiment and here is what I came up with :)

I really like how these turned out and in all each one cost about $.25 or less

Hose - $.33 should be enough to do about 6 flowers

Kool-aid - $.20 1 pack enough to dye 6 flowers

Wire 20 gauge - $1.97 - enough to make about 20 flowers, depending on the size you make them

Green wire stems - $1.00 for 15

Floral Tape - $.97 enough for about 20 flowers

They look very close to the one's I saw and I love how they smell like the kool-aid you use. Ok here are the video's. I had to break it up into two parts but they are very easy to make. I hope you enjoy. Have a great day and Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking, I always love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment :)