Monday, March 28, 2011

Sickness is no fun :(

Hi all I know it has been a while since I did any kind of updates or craft videos but I am finally over a two week long cold and was just not really able or in the mood to do videos and update. But I am happy to say I am well again and am going to be back on track soon. I am in the process of recording some videos and will have them posted in the near future. For now though, I thought I would share a technique I saw. You all know how expensive Copic markers can be, well I was on Youtube and stumbled over this awesome tutorial by Sillyshysushi, No Copics, No Problem. You really should check out this tutorial, after watching the videos, she has it broken up into 3 parts. I went to Micahel's and picked up the "Mona Lisa" odorless paint thinner. Here is a picture of the bottle:

Now this bottle was only $4.99 and I had a 40% coupon so I got it for $3.14 and it is a nice size bottle and should last quite sometime. In the tutorial sillyshysushi used "Gamsol" I looked it up on Amazon and price wise it was not really expensive but what was costly was the shipping so I opted for the cheaper alternative and it works fine for me :) I then went onto The Greeting Farm website and bought my very first Digi stamps they were only $3 ea. and so stinkin cute! I got Chibi Spain and Chibi Lolli. I cannot wait to buy some more, I had so much fun coloring in the chibi spain image. Here is the card I made using the technique and Chibi Spain,


I personally love how this turned out for my first try at this coloring, I tried to do the shading in her hair and on her dress and I think it turned out pretty good :) Well like I said you have got to check out Sillyshysushi's videos and definitely give this a try. Be on the look out for some videos soon :) Have a great day and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking, I always love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment :)