Thursday, March 10, 2011

Snack Time! :)

Hey all so I wanted to share with you this insane recipe I found on Hungry Girl's website :) I was cruising the site and stumbled upon the post "You Say Potato..." and my interest was peeked, I started to read and was amazed and a little grossed out at the same time, it was a recipe for kale chips YES! Kale Chips! Ok now I love my greens and all but come on that just seems a little far fetched to me ?:) But hey I will never shun a green so I went to Walmart picked up a bunch of kale, came home washed it thoroughly and I mean thoroughly you can feel sand and dirt on it, gross! Dried it with a paper towel, I really didn't get it dry enough, I am thinking next time I will wash it earlier and cook it later. Placed it on a baking sheet, sprayed the kale lightly with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkled with salt and cooked for 10 min. at 350... Well I was nervous to say the least but I took my first bite and I am in love! These are so good and really weird at the same time they are crispy and in a way remind me of popcorn, Green popcorn anyone! lol You have got to give this a try, now I will forewarn you if you do not like greens you may just want to leave this recipe alone, like my dad did :) or if you like your greens like my mom and I, you will definitely want to give this a try, So healthy, full of vitamins and just Tasty! I hope you do try them, I would love to hear what you think :) If you would like leave me a comment letting me know what you think :) Well Have a great day and Happy Crafting! (or should I say Cooking!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking, I always love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment :)